Principal Shannon Brown
At GES, we are proud of our history and reputation for high
expectations and helping all students learn to the best of their
abilities. Highlights of our strengths include:
- Our students give the school good grades for helping all students learn and for telling them how they are doing in school.
- Acceleration is offered in GT, advanced math (5-6) and reading (5) classes, Math Olympiads, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee.
- Students are identified for targeted interventions during the school day to support them in meeting grade level standards.
- Extracurricular activities include Cougar Leadership, Drama, Chess Club, Knitting and Crocheting Club, Yoga, and more.
- In school surveys, GES parents report they feel welcome at school and receive good communication about school events.
- Parents also report they are well-informed of student progress and that school rules are fairly and consistently enforced.
- Our parent group provides books and resources, assemblies, emergency supplies, our yearbook, and new technology.
- All teachers are highly qualified and collaborate for writing/literacy, math, and DesCartes professional development.
- Our school has a CUBS preschool and Extended Day Kindergarten for students who may need early help for school success.